The InBody Score is an optional output that, when enabled, is located on the upper right corner of the InBody Result Sheet. InBody Score is a numerically quantifiable body composition analysis output based on fat mass and lean body mass values in comparison to healthy average ranges.
InBody Score Applications:
- Introduces a competitive edge for individuals regardless of body size or weight
- Quick gauge of examinee’s current body composition balance
- Simplified score for tracking body composition changes
How is the InBody Score Calculated?
1. Establishing the Standard Weight of the Examinee:
a. The InBody calculates the examinee’s standard weight, determined by the examinee’s height and the desirable mean BMI (set at 22kg/m2 for males, 21.5 kg/m2 for females).
2. Determine Standard Amount of Lean Body Mass and Body Fat Mass Based on Standard Weight
a. InBody sets the ideal percentage of body weight being comprised as fat mass at 15% for males and 23% for females. The remaining proportion of body weight (85% for males; 77% for females) is considered to be lean body mass.
3. Determine the difference between Standard LBM and Current LBM
Note: the difference calculation is based on the amount of body fat and relation to ideal BMI
4. Determine the difference between Standard BFM and Current BFM, in relation to the examinee’s LBM development
Note: the difference calculation is based on the amount of body fat, muscle mass and relation to ideal BMI
5. Apply difference in LBM and BFM to the InBody Score
a. The baseline InBody Score is set at 80
- Points are added to 80 when individuals have greater than the healthy average amount of lean body mass or lower than the healthy average amount of fat mass compared to same height and gender.
- Points are subtracted from 80 when individuals have lower than the healthy average amount of lean body mass or higher than the healthy average amount of body fat compared to same height and gender.
Scores above 80 points are considered to have a positive body composition balance
Scores below 80 points are considered to have a less balanced composition of muscle and fat